Tuesday, September 12, 2006

comfort food...

Sweet & Sour Luncheon Meat

I had really bad cravings for some comfort food last Saturday and the first thing I thought of was sweet and sour luncheon meat. It was something my mum used to make, to go either with rice or porridge. Since the Mr. loves luncheon meat, I decided to make my own..

Sweet & Sour Luncheon Meat
1/3 can of luncheon meat
1 medium size potatoe
1 small onion, chopped.
1 tbsp sweet sour plum sauce
2-3tbsp ketchup
2-3 tbsp chilli sauce (Maggie will do)
1 tbsp oil
oil for deep frying

1. Cut potatoe into cubes and soak in salt water for abt 15mins. Drain and dry.
2. Cut luncheon meat into cubes, ideally same size as potatoes.
3. Heat oil and deep fry the potatoe cubes till golden brown (can choose to pan fry too).
Set aside.
4. Fry luncheon meat till light golden brown. For healtier option, can choose to grill luncheon
meat (i was lazy..so fried the stuff in the same batch of oil I used for potatoes).
5. Heat wok with 1 tbsp oil. Fry onions till they have turned soft and slight golden brown, add
sweet sour plum sauce, ketchup and chilli sauce. Mix well and cook for 30-45secs and add
in potatoes and luncheon meat.
6. Serve hot with rice or porridge (serves 2)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there, i stumbled upon your blog. the sweet & sour luncheon meat looks lovely and delish :) i'm a foodie myself, and its great to know likeminded ppl. take care!

9:33 PM  
Blogger the mad fat chef said...

hi evan,

thanks for the note! I'm new to this blogging biz so it's nice to noe someone actually noticed my site! it's encouraging..hee...do drop by often..gg check out ur site for inspiration too..
cheers!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, This look really yummy! I'm a fan of sweet and sour pork. Gonna try this someday. =)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home