Hediard, the french gourmet store

Chanced upon this little gourmet shop at Tudor Court when I was out shopping with my hubby one weekend. This place is full of goodies such as chocolates, herbs, sauces, jams...and many more. I felt like a little girl in a candy store while I stood infront of the shelves full of pretty bottles. I have this huge..and i mean HUGE...weakness for pretty bottles of sauces..at one time I actually bought 4 bottles of salad dressings just because they look so beautiful....and they are not cheap...
Now the very "smart" shopkeeper took one look at me and asked "So..r u looking for items which you can use to display in your kitchen?" I shot back "No..i actually cook as well"..haha...most pple cannot believe I cook...according to the husband, it's because I look very "Xiao Jie" (aka the pampered doll..haha)..well...I ended up buying things which I didn't really need. Actually my house was still under renovation when I bought them...that's how crazy I am..
So one of the items I got was the Sorrel Soup, basically a mushroom soup. I kept it on my kitchen shelf for 2 mths..(to show my friends u noe..when they come over for housewarming parties) before I decided to have it for dinner..
The bottle really looks nice but the taste...well...it was something both of us are not used to. I think it's because of the many campbell soup from our teens...this soup somehow tasted funny...it's sort of sourish..like sour cream has been added and it's not creamy enough like the way I like my mushroom soup....well, at about $16-$18/bottle...I don't think I'll be buying my next bottle soon..



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home