Saturday, March 03, 2007

Char Siew Rice - the Healthy MFC version

Moi have been busy...First with the Chinese New Year preparation, then with the intensive Mahjong training during CNY and a lovely trip to Bali..the island of the thousand temples..thus there had been no post lately..not much cooking since we traditionally spend most of the CNY with our parents and relatives and no matter where you go, there's always food and more food.
Argh...i feel laden with gulit just thinking about how much I had stuff myself silly this season..I felt even worse when I checked out the bikini pictures taken in Bali..OMG..how did I get that fat?!?! and felt like hell when I compared those pictures with the ones I had taken during my honeymoon in the maldives....

Anyway, no matter how fat one is...one still needs to eat right..haha..so moi made the char siew I mentioned in my earlier post.

This is my version of the popular local dish, easily found anywhere in Sg. Unlike the H.K. version which is more fatty, mine is made of lean pork. More lean than what the local hawkers sell, cos remember .... I cannot afford more fats! Instead of serving the char siew with white rice or even chicken rice is some stalls, I served mine with white/brown rice mixed with millets, organic ones too..and not to forget a good dollop of sambal chilli. The thing missing is slices of cucumber as I didn't have any at home..so I stir-fried a dish of cabbage to go with it instead. I also opt not to do additional char siew sauce for the rice, as I want mine to be dry..and less sauce means less calories right? =) Hee...

Before I go..a few pictures of the beautiful resort I stayed in, in Ubud, Bali.


The Alila Ubud...with their world famous pool..supposely the world's top 50 most beautiful pools, some claimed even the top 10. I can understand why...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home