Tuesday, December 05, 2006

MFC Chicken

Last week, I created a new dish. I called it the MFC chicken..cos calling it Fragrant Chicken really sounds DUH...I didn't want to fry the chicken as hubby just recovered from his bad cough, and I didn't want him to have a relaspe anytime soon..I wanted to braised the chicken in mummy's style..but I didn't have any ginger at home, so I did it my way and created the recipe as I cooked which was a bit hectic cos I was running round the kitchen fetching stuff as it pops into my mind, err..not that my kitchen is very big.

The result was better than expected. Hubby liked it and gobbled it up with his rice. He even gave instructions to write down the recipe.

MFC Chicken
Ingredients
300-350 grams of chicken fillets, cut into stripes
1 small red onion, sliced
i clove of garlic, chopped
a handful of spring onions, cut into 1" stripes
a bunch of parsely to garnish
dark soy sauce
water
1-2 tsp of sesame oil
salt & black pepper to marinate chicken

1. Marinate chicken with salt & black pepper according to taste. I normally don't use too much salt, so for me, I used abt 1/2 - 1 tsp salt and a few mad dash of black peper cos I love....black pepper. Leave in fridge for a couple of hours.

2. Fry onions till fragrant and slightly golden brown, add in garlic and fry a while more.

3. Add chicken and stir fry, adding stems of spring onions and continue frying for 1 min.

4. Add dark soy sauce until chicken is covered (sorry..this one is purely by estimation) and add slightly less than equal parts of water. Add sesame oil and stir. Turn to low heat and let chicken simmer in sauce for at least 15-20mins..

5. Add remaining spring onions to chicken, stir and remove from heat. Serve with parsely as garnish!

Yumz....
Ahem..pls adjust seasoning to taste..hee..


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home