Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"Tortilla" beef wrap with tomatoe salsa

I had been wanting to make this for weeks but never got round to doing it for whatever reasons. But moi finally made this dish for Tues night dinner. It was a relatively easy dish to do but took a bit more effort as the salsa should be done ideally at least 2 hrs ahead, so that it could "rest" and be infused with the flavours. The salsa's really easy and not only is it very healthy, it is drool worthy too. For my 4 wraps, I used 3 big tomatoes, seeded and diced. Throw in one finely chopped onion and garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt & black pepper to taste, 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, a handful of chopped spring onions, and you are ready to go..hmm..can add abit of balsamic vinegar for some added flavour if you want.

For the beef, I marinated it with salt, pepper & garlic and panfried it with sliced onions and green peppers. I think grilling/roasting the beef would have been better. The next time I cook this again, I'll definitly do that and maybe try it with chicken instead. So I thought I screwed up our dinner with the meat, but turned out the hubby liked it lots (hmm.. I didn't think he was lying to make me feel better..ha). The salsa went very well with the beef. I also added lots of shredded lettuce, mayo, panfried brown mushrooms and cheese. Warpped everything up in tortilla and popped it into the oven for 5-10mins. The melted cheese makes it extra yumz..

As u can see from the pic above, I also fried some fries and chicken for sides and oops! Only remember to take pic after I took a bite..hee..


Close up look at the fillings..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home