Katong Laksa...nah...
The fat chef needed a little help on one slow saturday afternoon and thank goodnes for her box of Prima Deli "Ready to cook meal kit". Though lazy...the wife still has to feed the man eh..Honestly, I was abit sceptical about the result when I bought this kit. I mean, everyone knows how much effort goes into the $3 a bowl laksa you get from the hawker..So how good can a bowl which comes from "Mix 600ml of water with paste and bring to boil" box be?
I followed the instructions most diligently (98%) because I wanted to try the "authentic" taste. Now, the kit includes everything you need to make the gravy. You just need to add one pack of powder and one pack of paste to 600ml of water and bring to boil. You can then add any condiments you like, be it seafood or meat.
For me, I used mini deep fried taupok, bean sprouts, hard boiled eggs and chicken (I used fillet and cut into strips). The kit provides dried laska leaves and sambal chilli, but I chose to use fresh curry leaves instead. I added a few leaves to the gravy and chopped up another few leaves (almost paste like) to serve. That was the only amendment I made to the instructions.
The result...............
Both hubby and me were pleasantly surprised to find that it actually tasted quite good, especially so for such convenient food. Aside that we found it a bit salty (will add more water in future), the gravy was quite flavourful..I think if coconut milk was added to it, it would be more fragrant..and delicious..So with such satisfactory result, this chef will definitly be checking out the other kits avilable..the orange box had definitly saved her ass last week! Mee rubus will be on my shopping list next, and oh... maybe another yummy box of laksa too..
Oh yes, another note..in case you are wondering, I do not own (but I wish I do) nor work for Prima Deli...just giving my 2 cents worth of opinions...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home