Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The test...

The in laws were coming over for dinner. It was my mum-in-law's birthday and somehow it felt like I was taking a practical exam..u know what I mean? The mother-in-law's inspection..haha..well..I'm not implying I have a mean mum-in-law, in fact she's real nice....but somehow I sometimes feel she suspects my ability to whip out something decent. So last sat was not just any birthday meal, but it was THE MEAL!

Went grocery shopping at Cold Storage and decided to buy all premier stuff, so in case if the meal didn't turn out very well, at least the ingredients were fresh! ha...all in the mind but what the heck I needed all the help I could get.

On the Menu
1 . Smoked salmon & egg rolls with dill
2 . Roasted chicken wrap with homemade salsa
3 . Sour cream & chive mash potatoes
4 . Pan-fried steak served with sauteed brown mushrooms & onions, steamed asparagus & carrots
5 . Roasted herbs chicken (rosemary & thyme) served with sauteed brown mushrooms & onions, steamed asparagus & carrots - Cos mummy doesn't eat beef, so there's 2 mains.
6 . Strawberrry cake....didn't bake this, got it from the bakery. Wanted to bake her one but decided it's not good to try so hard to impress ya..



Ingredients for the salsa...minus the rosemary..dunno how it ended up in the pic..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home