Fish & Chips

Bought some frozen white fish fillets quite some time ago in Carrefour. My initial plan was to pan-grilled and served them with roasted herbs and steam vegs, but then I got pregnant (ok..so now u noe how long they had been sitting in my freezer) and they lie forgotten in the fridge.Now that I am left with only a few short months from my EDD (est. date of delivery), it's time for me to spring clean my fridge and so I stumbled across the said fillets. The hubby has been wanting to try making Fish & Chips, so I tot why not, though I have never tried making this dish. What a surprise...I never knew it's a relatively easy dish to make.
I goggled for a recipe and found one which sort of matched what ingredients I had at home.
Deep Fried Fish Fillets
3 white fish fillets
1 beaten egg
Plain flour
Bread crumbs
Mixed french herbs
Garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Oil
1. Season fish fillets with herbs, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
Leave to sit for abt 15 mins.
2. "Powder" the fillets well and "wash" with egg.
3. Coat well with bread crumbs.
4. Deep fry till golden colour (about 4-6 mins, in a 170 deg fryer)
Serves hot with french fries. I added onion rings as well and a simple green salad.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home