Fusion Chicken Rice
I bought a pack of LKK Hainaniese Chicken Rice mix from the supermart a few weeks ago. Decided to try making it with a little twist. Instead of using 100% white rice, I added brown rice and millet. Can I just say, sometimes it's better to stick to traditional receipe? Ha..the brown rice was a little uncooked. My reasoning is because of the premix, cooking temperature is thus different from the usual cooking of rice. For my normal meals, I always mix white rice with brown and I never have any problems..So just a note, use only white rice in future.Even thou the brown rice turned out to be a little uncooked, the chicken rice was still very nice. Fragrant and not too oily which is very important. As the hubby doesn't like white chicken, I made roasted chicken (yes...again) This time instead of using just french herbs with salt & peper, I added chopped parsely, garlic powder and freshly chopped garlic. The result was even better! The hubby finished every single grain with the chicken and kept saying I should make some of those chicken for his parents. Ha.... I also served stir-fried asparagus with fresh brown mushrooms. Can't do without my veges!
Labels: Chicken



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home