We went botak last night
I recently found out about this famous western food joint in one of the blogs I freqent..and realised there's one outlet near my house. So when the hubby asked where I would like to go for dinner, Botak Jones came to mind. Our friends must be surprised there was no fancy resturant, no candle light dinner...it was after all our 1st wedding anniversary celebration. Well...we were in the mood for a quiet evening and when a gf suggested I tabao (takeaways/to-go) food home, I thought it was a brilliant idea. Hubby also like it that there was no big bill for the night! haha..so armed with the streetdirectory, we hunted down Botak Jones in the west.

Located at the end of Singapore...Tuas.
We were straving by the time we got there..so we ordered these...
Whoopass Cheese Fries (this thing can feed 6 pax easily)
Cajun Chicken Plate (tender chicken breast..nice)
NZ Ribeye Steak (nicely done medium rare..but by the time we got home it was medium well which is how we like it!)
e Botak Burger (very good! for this kind of price and quality..I am never going back to Billy Bombers again. It came with the usual works, lettuce, tomatoes, onions & cheese but the beef patty is juicy, not the dry kind u get in some fancy resturants)
One oreo cheese cake missing in the picture. It's still sitting in my fridge cos we were simply too full to stuff it in.
Located at the end of Singapore...Tuas.
We were straving by the time we got there..so we ordered these...
All these food and it only cost us $40! If we had gone to any american resturant, it would have easily cost us $100.00. Of course this place is purely a no frills eating joint. There is no ambience to speak off.
But well..remember we were doing takeaway? Ha.. we made a mad dash for home in the crazy peak hours traffic and created our own "ambience". Lights off, with our huge candle, jazz music in the background and chilled wine..no crowds, romantic no? Ahem...pictures above taken before the lights were turned off..



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home