Guo Tie (Potstickers)
I am a guo tie fanatic. No joke. I can eat this all week and not get sick of it. Pity my hubby who has to constantly eat this with me, right from we started dating 8 yrs ago.
Anyway, I have been dying to try making my own for a long time. The thing which always put me off was the skin. Not that easily available in the supermarts, unlike the yellow wanton skins. But guo tie, with wanton skin is jus not the same thing rite?
So feeling ultra inspired this Sunday, I decided to make my own jiao ji pi (dumpling skin). Turned out...it was quite easy but time consuming and cos it was my first time doing it, instead of round prettily shaped skin, I got all sort of funny shapes, eg. heart shaped.
Jiao Ji Pi (dumpling skins)
Minced pork with chives fillings
Guo Ties
Anyway, I have been dying to try making my own for a long time. The thing which always put me off was the skin. Not that easily available in the supermarts, unlike the yellow wanton skins. But guo tie, with wanton skin is jus not the same thing rite?
So feeling ultra inspired this Sunday, I decided to make my own jiao ji pi (dumpling skin). Turned out...it was quite easy but time consuming and cos it was my first time doing it, instead of round prettily shaped skin, I got all sort of funny shapes, eg. heart shaped.
Jiao Ji Pi (dumpling skins)
Minced pork with chives fillings
Guo TiesNot too bad for a first timer yeah?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home